Landscape Conservation is a modern Australian company using practical science and up to date equipment and technology to deliver quality land management outcomes. We employ team members from a vast array of backgrounds, combining skills to achieve quality outcomes in land management, conservation, agriculture, horticulture, bush regeneration and construction. We are a small business that works as a close-knit team in a relaxed environment and provide career development opportunities to our employees.
Landscape Conservation seeks an experienced individual to assume the role of Field Supervisor.
This employment opportunity will allow the successful applicant to demonstrate their practical skill and experience across a broad scope of conservation and land management projects. All applicants will be considered.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a reasonable level of experience in the supervision of agriculture, land management, bush regeneration or landscaping projects
- Experience in land management activities such as weed control, fencing, track construction and tree planting
- TAFE/Tertiary Qualifications in agriculture, horticulture, environmental studies or similar will be very highly regarded
- Must be physically fit, motivated and capable of working in challenging environments
- Ability to implement a risk assessment process and manage safety on site
- Must have C class car license
- Must have a current construction safety card
- Senior First Aid certificate
- Keen interest in further developing skills and knowledge base in conservation, agriculture and land management
- Skidsteer Loader operator’s certificate
- Chainsaw operator’s certificate
- ACDC/ChemCert certification
- Skills in plant identification in Southeast Queensland
- Hands on involvement in landscape construction and bushland regeneration, including but not limited to weed control, equipment operation, tree planting, erosion control, track construction, fencing, waterway rehabilitation and general landscape maintenance
- Liaise with the Project Manager in the establishment of on ground projects
- Liaise with clients regarding project development
- Operate and maintain plant and equipment associated with project implementation
- Manage field staff with regard to daily duty allocation, on the job training and supervision
- Assist in the costing of new projects
- Ensure the completion of work to established targets and timeframes
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained across projects
All applications will be assessed and considered; only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.
For contact and application details, click 'View details' below.