- Reef Catchments (Mackay Whitsunday Isaac) Limited (“Reef Catchments”) is a regional community not-for-profit business focused on enhanced use and management of natural resources (land, water, vegetation and ecosystem health) while maintaining a viable regional community.
- Catchment Solutions Pty Limited (“Catchment Solutions”) is an environmental consultancy and service provider, based in Mackay, working locally, nationally and in Southeast Asia to help clients manage, design and execute projects to meet high standards of environmental excellence and corporate responsibility.
The position has the primary role of managing and leading a diverse Corporate Shared Services team of dedicated individuals spread across two office centres (Mackay and Proserpine); and providing commercial management support to the organisations of Reef Catchments and Catchment Solutions and assisting the Reef Catchments General Manager in meeting Reef Catchments respective purpose, goals, strategies and business targets.
Additional functions for the role include the provision of company secretary services for the Reef Catchments Group and its two related company entities of Reef Catchments (Mackay Whitsunday Isaac) Limited (NFP Entity) and Catchment Solutions Pty Limited (FP Entity).
The position is responsible for the following activities:
- Developing and delivering a governance and business management strategy and suite of operations for Reef Catchments and Catchment Solutions.
- Leading a diverse and multi skilled team to deliver on financial, business, communication, IT, GIS, WH&S and accounting services for Reef Catchments and Catchment Solutions.
- Overseeing and implementing a total business framework of risk assessment and aligned adaptation and mitigation responses with the key focus toward Corporate and WHS risk.
- Responsibility as the Company Secretary and coordination of service support to both Reef Catchments Limited and Catchment Solutions Pty Limited Boards.
- Coordination and support for sub-committees to the Reef Catchments Limited Board (i.e. governance and nominations; and finance, audit and risk management sub-committees).
- Leading the development and delivery of business systems and processes to support effective business operations that align with the strategic and operational plans, in conjunction with the General Managers of Reef Catchments Limited and Catchment Solutions Pty Limited.
- Project management, working within budgets and time frames, and producing high quality written project documentation and confident communication.
- Assisting in financial data compilation and analysis, interpretation of results, and compilation of information for reporting, including internal and external reporting.
- Assisting in the development of new business opportunities for Reef Catchments and Catchment Solutions.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s adopted Safety Management Systems, including statutory obligations and verification of required resources.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities for the position:
- The coordination, integration and implementation of Financial services, Communication, IT, GIS, and WH&S within Reef Catchments Limited and Catchment Solutions Pty Limited including managing the delivery of business administration, human resource management (inclusive of payroll functions), Finance and Accounting services to ensure contract, financial, legal, accounting and governance requirements are met.
- Co-development and co-delivery of a business (financial) and governance strategy and suite of operations for the Reef Catchments and Catchment Solutions.
- Development of new and review of existing governance policies and procedures which are in line with public and private sector legislation and are consistent with best practice.
- Review and monitor all aspects of corporate service delivery, business performance and risk management.
- Undertake supervisory responsibilities which may include interviewing and participating in hiring; training staff; planning and delegating work; motivating staff; appraising performance; rewarding, exit interviews and disciplining staff; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop networks and maintain links with various natural resource management stakeholders including community groups, industry organisations, Local Government, interest groups, State and Commonwealth Government agencies relevant to achieving enhanced natural resources management outcomes.
- Build and maintain new and existing client relationships and links with corporate service suppliers and partners - especially those aligned to Reef Catchments Limited and Catchment Solutions Pty Limited finances and governance operations.
- Conform to all Reef Catchments Limited policies, procedures and operation processes.
- Work towards and support a safe, equitable and harassment free workplace.
- Liaise and coordinate actions with the Reef Catchments Limited General Manager, Catchment Solutions Pty Limited General Manager, Board director/s and Chairperson/s.
The position reports to: RCL General Manager
- CA/CPA qualified with strong technical knowledge of corporate accounting, and compliance requirements under relevant legislation and more than 5 years experience in a similar capacity or in Australian accounting firms.
- A strong communicator with excellent relationship and management skills.
- Must be technically competent and have the ability to project manage multiple projects, activities and tasks.
- Experience in supervising, mentoring and reviewing the work of a small team of multi-disciplined professionals, and you have the confidence to help develop your team.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
- Experience to balance the competing needs of strategy and management responsibilities and leading your team to deliver day-to-day operations and functions for Reef Catchments and Catchment Solutions.
- Ability and initiative to take on additional responsibilities, as required, including training, staff development and process improvement, etc.
- Display self-motivation, energy, initiative, ability to multi-task and strive for continuous business improvement and efficiencies.
For more information, or to apply, click 'View details' below.